Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Otter of Death

The Otter of Death is the 5th installment in the Gunn Zoo cozy mystery series by Betty Webb. The series is a clean cozy whose main character is a zookeeper (and volunteer environmentalist) and Joe, her local sheriff love interest.

This is a well written cozy which fits comfortably into the genre.  For fans of continuing series with animals/antiques/librarians/bakeries & caterers, this series is engaging and fun.

The characterizations and plotting are adept and very readable.  It's a diverting and entertaining read.

Due out 2nd May, 2018 from Poisoned Pen, available in ebook, hardback and paperback formats (according to Amazon pre-pub info). No page content listed, but it's a relatively short read.

Bonus points for the author's dedication.  I practically grew up in my local public library and owe my lifelong reading habit to my parents (both educators) and a slew of engaged and intelligent public librarians who encouraged me to read anything and everything I could get my hands on.

Three and a half stars.

Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment