Sunday, November 19, 2017

Seeds of Revenge

This is the third book in the Greenhouse Mystery series by Wendy Tyson. I was unfamiliar with the series before reading the third book (I know, I know), but it worked fine as a standalone.  All the necessary background info is included in the narrative and I didn't feel lost or annoyed keeping track of the characters.

This is a holiday themed cozy, so the murders are convoluted and ridiculous and the law enforcement is predictably inept (but friendly).  The denouement is satisfying and the elderly sidekick is fun. The love interest is Scottish and manly (and bonus points for being smart and loyal and romantic).  All in all, a fun undemanding read. 

I also enjoyed it that the protagonist, Megan Sawyer is intelligent and mature. She's an ex-lawyer, a widow, and organic farmer/local agriculture proponent. She has a complicated past which is covered at least partly in the earlier books in the series and alluded to in this third installment.

I also like the quaint, nostalgia themed 'seed packet' cover art (which is, sadly, uncredited in the galley proof I received for purposes of review). 

Stats:
Title: Seeds of Revenge (book #3 in the Greenhouse Mysteries)
Author: Wendy Tyson
Pub: Henery Press
Published 14 Nov, 2017, Ebook, hardcover, paperback and audible versions
288 pages, ISBN-13: 978-1635112757

Three and a half stars

Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment