Saturday, September 2, 2017

The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner

Some of my most treasured possessions are the garden journals I inherited from my paternal grandmother.  They're full of notes, clippings, drawings and information which she wrote down over more than 50 years of active gardening and permaculture.  It's a habit which I've carried on myself.  This book, an adjunct of the wonderful Backyard Homestead series, is a similar guiding hand from knowledgeable understandable people who -want- to help others be successful gardeners and homesteaders.

My access to this book is an advance reader (electronic) copy, but the published version is listed as spiral bound and has room for personalized notes. The chapters are arranged by season and include tasks and what-to-expect for each time period.

This book will be a very useful addition to any active gardener who needs a little help and guidance putting pen to paper along the way, and also to new/wannabe gardeners who occasionally feel overwhelmed and confused about what to do when.

I found information in this book which would be useful for beginning to advanced homesteaders. 

A very well designed and logically arranged book.

Five stars

Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.







No comments:

Post a Comment