Saturday, August 26, 2017

Riley Can Be Anything

Riley Can Be Anything is a charming read-along children's book with beautiful illustrations and rhyming text.

Riley's visiting his older cousin Joe and getting some future career advice along the way.  Will he be a chef? A jazz musician? A doctor?  Only time will tell.

I wish I lived in a world where it didn't attract my attention (and appreciation) that there are more books today with a positive message about diversity and possibilities for children of color.  This book does not make a big deal at all over the fact that Riley's a non-white kid, but it's nice that there are books out there with a positive message for all kids. 

Positive, upbeat, sweetly silly rhyming, and the illustrations are adorable.  The pic of Riley's classroom with their little school uniforms made me *awww* out loud.  (Really, I'm a total sappy marshmallow).

I can see this book becoming a favorite bedtime read.  It's VERY short (24pages).

Four stars

 Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment