Sunday, August 13, 2017

Limestone Wall

Released in 2014, limestone wall is a literary work.  The language is evocative and poetic.  The author writes beautifully.  The prose is haunting and there are a lot of quote-worthy passages.

I'm generally not the target audience for modern literature, so I truly don't want it to seem that I'm damning the book with faint praise.  It is so skillfully written and I did enjoy reading it.  For me it was very sad and bleak.  The wreck and reverberations of many lives by insanity, criminality, tragedy and consequence.  The book ended on something of a bleak note, but given the nature of the book, there wasn't room for a happily ever after type ending.  There was resolution (we've all read books that make us want to grind our teeth with non-endings; this isn't that at all), but the whole experience just left me feeling melancholy and misty...

Four stars for the amazing writing.  Beautifully, hauntingly written.

Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment